If you are new in Blender, or even if you are an experienced Blender user, you can be frustrated with the software at times. And odds are, this might just be you:
So, here are some excellent reasons to give up!
1. Cycles: Its tough to get started with! Nodes are so complicated! Render times are longer.
2. Lighting and Shaders: Getting perfect lighting is so hard! Why aren’t there presets or something to make it easier?
3. Sub-surface Scattering: Wazzaat?!?!?!??
4. Simulations: Why are smoke simulations, physics, and water simulations so hard? They are complicated and take a while to bake!
5. Modeling: You see a model or a render and say “Wow, that’s such a cool render! It looks so realistic or Pixar-like!” But you just can’t figure out how to make a model. What technique? Where do I start? How do I make a model without a perfect Orthographic reference image?
6. Everything else: Texturing, rendering, post processing, I goes all over my head!
These are perfect reasons to give up in 3D all together. So why don’t you give up? Stop trying! Just
JUST GIVE UP!
Now, the point of this story is to boost your self confidence. Please, don’t be a quitter, and just give up because you don’t know. There are plenty of tutorials out there, all you have to do it follow them. And before you know it, you’ll learn the skills and tricks and looking back you will say, “Gee, I am really getting better!” Almost every day and especially after every project I complete, I learn something new and say, “Why didn’t I do that there?”
All you have to do is try. I mean, if I went from this:
In a year, than you can too. 🙂
P.S. Please, don’t take any of those things I listed above seriously. Most of them are really easy, actually. 😛